Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Witch Hunter Robin

I love this show. For anyone who doesn't know what Witch Hunter Robin is about, its the story of a group of witches who are a special police unit that hunts other witches. The show is very much like X-Files and Law and Order: CI. A murder happens, the police investigate, it seems like a super natural kill, so the witches get called in to take over.

The series starts out with the introduction of Robin, the main character of the story. The unit has lost a witch and Robin is there to replace that individual, a person we have never seen, nor do they openly speak of. Robin is new with her power and they discover she needs to wear glasses when using it. As the story progresses we learn more about the witches, their purpose, their struggles and that there may be more to Robin than anyone, even Robin herself anticipated.

I'm currently on the 3rd disk of this show, probably almost ready for the fourth disk and I am blown away by what I'm watching. I'm not going to go into great detail, because I don't want to spoil the show for anyone, but they way they link these witches (all current witches, really) with the Salem witches is amazing. They also are brillianr in the way they take our idea of the Christian religion and flip it on its head.

If you enjoy anime, but have not seen this title yet, I do recommend checking it out. I'm only about half way through it, so it could be all down hill from here, but I really doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home