Monday, December 05, 2005

I am Happy Today!

Kotaku posted a google map on their site that shows all the companies that make RPG games. I was SHOCKED to see that there are actually three game makers in Wisconsin. But it gets better boys and girls! TWO are located in MADISON!!! One of them is Raven Software, the guys behind Soldier of Fortune 1&2, X-Men Legends along with many others AND they are working on QUAKE 4!!! I've been reading their website and it looks like they've just opened the office and they have some job positions open! But wait, I did say we have TWO developers and the other is Human Head Studios. They've made a bunch of board games, PC games and one for Xbox, but they announced in April, 2005 that they are working on Prey for the PC and they too are hiring.

Now, if any of you who read my blog qualify for any of these games, I recommed trying for them. Even if it means a significant relocation for you. Madison is such a great place to live and do things like this. We have really affordable living, a great bus system, a huge university that attracts people from all over the world, so we are a really diverse city. Winters SUCK, but if you like the cold, then there ya go!

I just can't stress enough how great I think it is that we have some here. I'd like to see more. I love Madison during the summer and like I've said before, its a great place for film makers and game developers. I hope that more come in. Again, I'll prolly be in L.A. with the ocean, the palm trees and mudslides, but still. It'll be fun to see the place I grew up get put on the map in my two favorite industries.

Google Map
--Anyone cool near you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Zodiak said...

I can pwn you with one company...Take Two Interactive. Makers of GTA, Civilization and Serious Sam. And some other companies with probally do those $10 games you find in the bargin bin...

10:52 AM  
Blogger FBombAndy said...

Oooh, I have 9 here in Austin!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home