Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In My Opinion, the Drug is Ready

So, it's been quite some time since I've updated the ol' blog here and I wish I could say it's because I got married and had lots of babies, or got my masters in museum studies.

No, sadly, I've just been ... around.

I've been trying to find who I am as a person.

And, it's involved less tech podcasts and more music and live shows.

A few that I've seen, in order that I can recall them:
Ryan Adams
The Decemberists
Say Anything
Mute Math
Bloc Party/Final Fantasy
mewithoutYou
Birthday Suits
Peelander-Z.
Brand New
Manchester Orchestra
Imogen Heap
Health/Crime Novels
Warped Tour '07 (which SUCKED)
Kevin Devine

Oh man, there is lots and lots more, I just can't think of the names right now.

I'm buying music like it's never going to be heard again.

In the past 2 weeks I purchased, in particular order:
Tragically Hip_Trouble at the Henhouse
Clem Snide_Soft Spot
Annuals_He Be Me
Feist_Let it Die
Zibra Zibra_777
The Faint_Wet From Birth
American Music Club_California
Arcade Fire_Funeral
Pearl Jam_Yield
Shipping News_Flies and the Field
Kevin Devine_Split the Country, Split the Street.
Iron and Wine_The Shepherd's Dog
Venice is Sinking_Sorry About the Flowers
Straylight Run_Prepare to be Wrong

I think that's all.

There are a few mix cds that were given to me here and there that were completely amazing as well.

I use to be very much all about video games and I still am ... it's just much much harder and more expensive for me.

I can't put a video game on my iPod and play it as I drive to work.

I can't go to a live video game show almost every night of the week for a just a fist full of dollars, like I can with music.

My dream would be to live in a house with people who like to play video games are smart about it. Love them for artistic and social reasons, who relate to and love geek culture, but have a deep seeded love for music and are just as involved in that and live shows as they are in video games and technology.

But, of course, I have yet to find that house.

Or even that one person ... wink wink, if you know what I mean.

Until then, I'll do what I can and try to keep a toe, if not a foot, in the gaming world and try to satisfy both sides of me.

Maybe ... hopefully ... discipling myself to write constructive things HERE every day will help me balance things out a bit.

Ahhhh, we shall see.

Take care!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger 2266 said...

I missed you.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home